Games are awesome! Honor a veteran today. Play our veteran’s day wordsearch game below. See what it says when you find all of the hidden words!
Enjoy this word search called “Veterans Day”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box. See the words in the word box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: veterans, service, poppy, sacrifice, soldiers)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: service. Write and say the word “veterans” five times so you can learn how to pronounce it and spell it correctly Write how many syllables are in each word: veterans, service, poppy, sacrifice, soldiers. Finish this sentence: My country is… Read the story called “The Tailor of Gloucester” (Kindle/Audio/paperback) in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Explain why the tailor needed someone to help him. Write about your favorite military movie. Write the name of one of your favorite veterans. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, organize, creativity)