Happy Veterans Day! Let us all say “thank you” to the veterans and those who have served in the military forces of our country to keep it safe and to protect our freedoms.
Enjoy this word search called “Veterans Day”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: veterans, service, poppy, sacrifice, soldiers)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: service. Write and say the word “soldiers” five times so you can learn how to pronounce it and spell it correctly Put these words in alphabetical order: veterans, service, poppy, sacrifice, soldiers. Finish this sentence: I can help our country by… Say a prayer for a veteran. Read the story called “The Tailor of Gloucester” (Kindle/Audio/paperback) in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Tell us how the mice were of service to the tailor. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, organize, creativity)