The first day of Spring 2021 is March 20th! Hello Spring! Goodbye winter! In 2021, the March equinox is on Saturday! In the Northern Hemisphere, this date marks the start of the spring season. The word equinox comes from the Latin words for “equal night”- aequus (equal) and nox (night). On the equinox, the length of day and night is nearly equal in all parts of the world.
Enjoy this fun word search called “Spring 2021.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: spring, flowers, bees, butterfly, equinox)
Homeschoolers: Draw/color an illustration. Read the story of Jeremy Puddle-Duck and her eggs. Share what you like to do in the springtime!