If you haven’t already, check out some especially scary stories in our audible book, Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures by voice actress Trista Shaye! Will Pigling Bland and Pig-Wig get eaten for dinner? Find out by munching on some Halloween candy while listening to this and other spooky stories! Then enjoy this Scary Stories for Halloween Word Search. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: Pig-Wig, adventurous, squirrel, hiding, enchant)
Homeschoolers: draw/color an illustration and create a different ending to one of the spooky stories.