Colin Luther Powell was an American politician, diplomat and four-star general who served as the 65th United States Secretary of State from 2001 to 2005. He was the first U.S. African American Secretary of State. Colin Powell was born in Harlem, New York in 1937 and died October 18, 2021.
Enjoy this word search called “Colin Powell.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: secretary, state, Harlem, general, diplomat)
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: service. Finish this sentence: Duty to country means…Read the story called The Emperor’s New Clothes in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. List three traits of a good citizen.