Did you know the Strawberry Moon is named after the season to harvest strawberries in the United States?
Did you know about these other fun facts?
- Members of the Algonquin tribe originally gave it the fruity title because it coincided with the time their strawberries were ready to harvest
- The best time to see it is in the morning
- It is the smallest full moon
- It is also the lowest moon
- The amber hue of a Strawberry Moon also inspired the name “honeymoon” and is rumored to be the inspiration behind the same name for a couple’s post-wedding honeymoon vacation
- You do not need special equipment to see it
- It won’t come back for about a year
Homeschoolers: draw/color an illustration and record your observations of this current event.