Queen Elizabeth II died at the age of 96 this past week. She was born in England on April 21, 1926 and became queen at the young age of 25 years. Queen Elizabeth had a lifelong love of dogs, especially corgis. Queen Elizabeth ruled the United Kingdom for seven decades. Her reign of 70 years and 214 days is the longest of any British monarch and the longest recorded of any female head of state in history.
Enjoy this word search called “Queen Elizabeth II”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words for the puzzle, click on each word box or go to the Word Box list.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: queen, Elizabeth, corgis, kingdom, castle)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: royalty. Finish this sentence: I would like to become the queen/king of … List three facts about Queen Elizabeth II. Write what you like about her. Read the story called Cinderella in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Fales (audiobook/Kindle/paperback). What did Cinderella do when she lost her slipper? Describe where Cinderella lived. (Skills: appreciate, identify, comprehend, apply, creativity)