There are typically two ways to earn money. The first is through a job earning a wage. The second is through investing, Did you know?
- An annuity is a way to invest your money
- You give your money to an insurance company and they later give you some of it back every year for the rest of your life
- An annuity is a fixed sum of money paid to someone each year
- Typically an annuity is for the rest of your life
- Investing makes the money you earn work for you
- Investing is when you put money and resources into something or someone to earn a profit or income
- Every investment comes with a different level of risk and timetable for making money
- An annuity is a long-term investment that is issued by an insurance company
- It is designed to help protect you from the risk of outliving your income
- A deferred annuity is when the payments start at a later date
- For example, someone that invests $300,000 at age 60 might start receiving their monthly income of $2,000 at age 65
- An excellent annuity will have a triple A rating (AAA)
- An excellent annuity will have an average (Comdex) rating of 100
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: $ money. Write and say the word “annuity” five times so you can learn how to pronounce it and spell it correctly. List five facts about an annuity. Read/listen to the audiobook story called “Little Match Girl” in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures (Kindle/Audiobook/Paperback). Write these words in alphabetical order: money, poor, sell, buy, rich. Finish this sentence: The Little Match Girl tried to sell… Talk about some good ways to make money. (Skills: identify, comprehend, describe, analyze, apply, creativity).