Enjoy this word search called “Happy Halloween”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box or the word box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: Halloween, treat, pumpkin, costume, candy)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: yummy & spooky. Read the story called Hansel and Gretel in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Put these words in alphabetical order: Halloween, treat, candy, witch, costume. Finish this sentence: On Halloween, I want to… Tell someone about your favorite Halloween treat. Write about the scariest story you can find in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales! (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, creativity, affective domain)