Happy President’s Day! February 20th is celebrated as George Washington’s birthday (third Monday in February) The day is also understood as a celebration of the birthdays and lives of all U.S. presidents. Enjoy this crossword called “President’s Day crossword” inspired by the fairytale story “The Emperor’s New Clothes“ in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Crosswords help develop spelling skills, improve vocabulary, learn interesting new facts, and enhance your critical thinking skills. Crossword puzzles are complex word puzzles that are enjoyable, relaxing, and fun.
- Tap or click the square to fill in the letter.
- The answers that go into the white boxes are written across and down, with separate clues for each direction.
- The answers will interlock with one another, so correctly answering one question will give you one or more letters that make up part of a different answer.
- If you need a hint, go to “reveal letter.”
- If you need more help, go to “reveal.”
- To go back to the beginning, go to “revert.”
- If you hit the “check” box, it will put a cross over any boxes you entered incorrectly.
- Check the Word Bank for any difficult words.
- When you are done, the message will say, “Congratulations, you have completed the puzzle!”
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration and label it. Theme: top government leader. Listen to the audiobook story “The Emperor’s Clothes” in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Write and say the words ”President’s Day” five times so you can pronounce and spell it correctly. Put these words in alphabetical order: President’s Day, Washington, Lincoln, holiday, ceremony, freedom. Use each word in a sentence. Describe what the little boy said to the emperor and what happened later. Create/solve a wordsearch/poem about President’s Day. Write about how you can celebrate President’s Day. List two qualities of a good leader. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, organize, creative, affective, analyze, synthesize.)
1 comment on “President’s Day crossword”
Pingback: President’s Day crossword — Martha Quinn — Christians Forever – Romulan News Channel