Enjoy this crossword called “Groundhog Day ” inspired by the story “Squirrel Nutkin“ in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Crosswords help develop spelling skills, improve vocabulary, learn interesting new facts, and enhance your critical thinking skills. Crossword puzzles are complex word puzzles that are enjoyable, relaxing, and fun.
- Tap or click the square to fill in the letter.
- The answers that go into the white boxes are written across and down, with separate clues for each direction.
- The answers will interlock with one another, so correctly answering one question will give you one or more letters that make up part of a different answer.
- If you need a hint, go to “reveal letter.”
- If you need more help, go to “reveal.”
- To go back to the beginning, go to “revert.”
- If you hit the “check” box, it will put a cross over any boxes you entered incorrectly.
- Check the Word Bank for any difficult words.
- When you are done, the message will say, “Congratulations, you have completed the puzzle!”
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration and label it. Theme: animals that belong to the squirrel family. Listen to the audiobook story “Squirrel Nutkin” in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Write and say the word “unanimously” five times so you can pronounce and spell it correctly. Put these words in alphabetical order: squirrel, groundhog, obstacles, permission, unanimously, frustrated, nonsense. Explain why Squirrel Nutkin jumped up and down and then ran away from Old Brown. How did Squirrel Nutkin tease Old Brown? Write about your experience seeing a squirrel or groundhog. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, organize, creative, affective, analyze, synthesize.)
1 comment on “Groundhog Day Crossword”
Pingback: Groundhog Day Crossword — Martha Quinn — Christians Forever – Romulan News Channel