Let’s celebrate Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is the Jewish Day of Atonement. It is observed on the 10th day of the lunar month of Tishri. There are special prayer services. This is when Jews seek reconciliation with God. Have fun with this free Yom Kippur Word Search. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: Yom, Kippur, fasting, prayer, Jewish)
Homeschoolers: draw/color an illustration. Theme: prayer. Read the story called “Prayer” in Learning to Read: New Testament Stories. Describe how Jesus prayed. Say your own prayer. Put these words in alphabetical order: Yom, Kippur, fasting, prayer, Jewish. Write about your own experiences with prayer. Write the word “prayer” five times and use it in a sentence. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, creative.)