The “Fall Equinox” or first day of fall in 2023 is September 23rd. The earth spins once a day on its axis of rotation. The word “equinox” means “equal night.” On the equinox, day and night are roughly equal in length. This means when the sun crosses the equator from north to south, this marks the autumnal equinox.
Enjoy this word search called “Fall Equinox.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: fall, equinox, equal, September, axis)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: guess what day it is. Put these words in alphabetical order: fall, axis, September, equal, equinox, dwarf, guess. Finish this sentence: I guess that… Read the story called Rumpelstiltskin and write about what the dwarf told them to guess. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, creative.)