October is a fun month. In the United States, it is not too warm or cold to travel. You can visit Disney or find a new trail in your own back woods. Go outside while the weather is still congenial to wearing a light jacket. Run through the leaves and pretend you are a child again. Better yet, take your child on a nature hike. Enjoy the outdoors!
Enjoy this word search called “Traveling.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: traveling, leaves, fun, adventures, new)
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: fun. Finish this sentence: I want to see…Read the story called The Emperor’s New Clothes in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. List three fun things you want to do.