Summer officially kicks off in the Northern Hemisphere Tuesday (June 21st), making it the longest day of the year. During the June solstice (or summer solstice), the sun reaches its highest and northernmost points in the sky. Summertime brings warmth and more time for children to romp around their neighborhoods and just enjoy the great outdoors.
Enjoy this fun word search called “Summer.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: summer, sun, solstice, picnics, outdoors)
Homeschoolers/Parents/Educators: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: summer. Read the story “The Little Mermaid” in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Talk about what you like the best in the story of the Little Mermaid. Write about what you want to do this summer. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, creativity)
1 comment on “Summer Wordsearch”
Pingback: Summer Wordsearch Martha Quinn — Christians Forever – Romulan News Channel