What a wonderful day it is! President’s Day gives us a day to celebrate the presidents of the United States. How many of the presidents can you recall? From Washington, Adams, and Jefferson down to Lincoln and so forth. Years ago, in many elementary schools’ students were required to memorize their names in order. Then they would recite it to the rest of the class and write a sentence about each of them. Enjoy today and this President’s Day Wordsearch.
Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Lincoln).
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Give your picture a title. Theme: adventures. Read the exciting story called “Tom Thumb’s” in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Describe Tom Thumb’s adventures. What did Tom Thumb do? Write about your adventures.
[game-wordsearch id=”16452″ ]