Power outages are happening more and more in the United States. There are currently power outages in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming due to excessively, high wind damage. Listen to the terrible storm in the story, “The Fisherman and His Wife” (Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures)! Enjoy this exciting Power Outage Word Search!
Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: power, outage, wind, storm, water, food, flashlights)
Homeschoolers: draw/color an illustration and record your observations of this current event.