Happy Memorial Day! This is a special opportunity to celebrate those loved ones who have served in the military. Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States set aside for mourning the U.S. military personnel who have died while serving in the United States armed forces. It is observed on the last Monday of May.
Enjoy this awesome word search called “Memorial Day.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: memorial, flowers, grave, patriot, soldier)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: citizenship. Read the story “The Happy Prince” in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Describe how the prince was a good citizen. Write about what you want to do during Memorial Day weekend. (Skillset: identify, comprehend, creativity, reading/writing practice.)
1 comment on “Memorial Day Wordsearch”
Pingback: Memorial Day Wordsearch Martha Quinn — Christians Forever – Romulan News Channel