Former President George W. Bush began the U.S. military invasion of Afghanistan in the fall of 2001 after the 9/11 terror attacks on the Pentagon and World Trade Centers in New York. The U.S. pursued the al-Qaida militants who had planned the attack and received support from the Taliban. Here are other facts about Afghanistan. Did You Know?
- Almost 65,000 U.S. personnel were deployed in Afghanistan by former President Obama
- The al-Qaida leader, Osama bin Laden, was destroyed during President Obama’s first term
- Former President Trump began his administration by deploying more troops to Afghanistan
- Under President Biden, U.S. troops are evacuating Afghanistan while the Taliban retakes Afghanistan
- The Islamic group called al-Qaida views the West as a threat to Islam
- The Islamic group called the Taliban supports strict Sharia law
Devotionals/Homeschoolers: Sketch/color an illustration. Write the word “Afghanistan” ten times or until you can spell it correctly. Theme: faraway places. Finish this sentence: Afghanistan is … Read the story called Seven Ravens. Describe a place you would like to visit.✍️