Oh, my God, how far we have fallen from Thy Holy Grace. We think we are better than others because we try to keep one concept, idea, or commandment perfectly. We do not see the beam that is in our own eye. We only see the mote in our neighbor’s eye. “Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3.
Please help us get rid of this awful pride within our own souls and help us return our hearts to Thee. Please help us give the glory to God and not to ourselves. We pray for –
- forgiveness in thinking we are better than our neighbor
- forgiveness in gossiping about others
- forgiveness for a lack of tolerance for those that are different
- forgiveness in thinking there is only one way to live the gospel
- forgiveness in seeking after church positions
- forgiveness in wanting to glorify ourselves instead of God
- humility to do God’s will and serve others
- humility to love others as ourselves
- humility to become converted like a little child
Devotionals/Homeschoolers: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: Little children. Finish the sentence: Little children are … Read and retell the story called Little Children.