International Women’s Day is a global holiday celebrated on March 8th. It celebrates the cultural, political, and socioeconomic achievements of women. It is also brings attention to issues such as equal pay and violence against women. Say ‘thank you” to the girl/female/woman in your life today!
Enjoy this fun word search called “Women’s Day.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: women, female, suffrage, safety, education)
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Give your picture a title. Theme: a woman’s influence. Read the exciting story called “Snow Queen” in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Describe Gerda’s adventures. What happened to Kay? Write about one girl or woman that has changed your life.