The 2022 tax deadline is here- April 18th is the filing date. So, what exactly are “taxes”? Taxes can be defined as the money the government takes from you to pay for services that you can receive from the government. An easy example is sales tax that you pay when you buy something.
Enjoy this word search called “Taxes”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box or see the word box list.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: taxes, money, government, services, sales)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: money. Read the story called “Pied Piper of Hamelin” in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Describe what happened between the Pied Piper and mayor. Write about your money. Create two math problems using addition (+) and subtraction (-). Extra credit: Create a division problem. Solve. What is 1 + 1 + 1+ 1+ 1+ 1 + 1+ 1+ 1+ 1 =? What is 10 – 1 =? (Skillset: compilation, main idea, application)