Enjoy fairy tale stories of yummy desserts! Pączki have been made in Poland at least since the Middle Ages. They are uniquely filled doughnuts found in Polish cuisine. Traditional pączki are made from especially rich dough containing eggs, fats, sugar, yeast and sometimes milk. Pączki Day is also called ‘Fat Tuesday’ because it is the last Thursday before Ash Wednesday. Enjoy this fun word search called “Pączki Word Search”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: Pączki, filling, Polish, doughnut, and sugar)
Homeschoolers: draw/color an illustration and record your observations of this current event.