Got to have that one last hurrah before school or autumn begins? September is the month where it seems change is inevitable. Here are a few ideas –
- Do something fun
- Take pictures
- Record your experiences in a journal
- Cherish good memories
- Look back and be proud
- Buy a balloon, let it go, say “goodbye”, and watch it fade in the distance
Enjoy this fun word search called “One Last Hurrah.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: hurrah, goodbye, balloon, party, end)
Homeschoolers: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: Last Hurrah. Finish this sentence: My last hurrah… Read the story called Sleeping Beauty and write about the last hurrah on her sixteenth birthday.