Happy Labor Day! Thank you for all the hard work you do each and every day. Teach children the joy of honest labor. “An honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay”, builds character, develops skills, and makes people happy! So, what are you doing on Labor Day? Have fun too:)
Enjoy this fun word search called “Labor Day.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words for the puzzle, click on each word box or go to the Word Box list.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: work, integrity, honesty, discipline, responsible)
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: work ethic. Finish this sentence: My favorite kind of work is… Read the story called The Bamboo Cutter in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. (audiobook/Kindle/paperback). Describe what kind of work Taketori did in the forest. (Skillset: identify, describe, apply, creativity)