Enjoy this crossword called “Happy New Year” inspired by Cinderella in “Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales”. Crosswords help develop spelling skills, improve vocabulary, learn interesting new facts, and enhance your critical thinking skills. Crossword puzzles are complex word puzzles that are enjoyable, relaxing, and fun.
- Tap or click the square to fill in the letter.
- The answers that go into the white boxes are written across and down, with separate clues for each direction.
- The answers will interlock with one another, so correctly answering one question will give you one or more letters that make up part of a different answer.
- If you need a hint, go to “reveal letter.”
- If you need more help, go to “reveal.”
- To go back to the beginning, go to “revert.”
- If you hit the “check” box, it will put a cross over any boxes you entered incorrectly.
- Check the Word Bank for any difficult words.
- When you are done, the message will say, “Congratulations, you have completed the puzzle!”
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration found in the story Cinderella and label it. Theme: dreams can come true. Listen to the audiobook story Cinderella. Write and say the word Cinderella five times so you can pronounce and spell it correctly. Put these words in alphabetical order: beautiful, maiden, evil, fireplace, dirty, fairy, godmother, midnight, magic, slippers. Write about Cinderella’s dream and how it came true. Write a sentence describing one of your dreams. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, organize, creative, affective, analyze, synthesize.)