Happy Mother’s Day! What a special day for all women–mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, and nieces. Congratulations girls on your femininity, your strength, and your courage. Let’s be especially kind to all of the mothers in our lives. Let’s give thanks to God.
Remember the story of “The Ten Young Women?” The wise women possessed the qualities of a great mother. Let’s try to be like the five wise young women that had oil in their lamps.
Let’s have fun with this free online word search based on the story, “The Ten Young Women’. If you want to read the story in the Bible, go to Matthew, Chapter 25 (also Learning to Read: New Testament Stories). Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forwards, backwards, up, down or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN”.
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary.