Did you forget to look for our furry friend on February 2nd? What did your favorite groundhog do on Groundhog Day? Well, it’s just as you guessed! Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow in the morning and predicted six more weeks of winter!
Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: groundhog, shadow, winter, six, weeks).
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: coming out. Read the inspiring story called “The Gingerbread Man” in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. List three things the Gingerbread Man does after he comes to life. What does the groundhog do after he comes out of his hole?