Wishing you could visit an island sometime soon? Islands are biodiversity hotspots and home to rare species. Islands are home to 20% of all bird, reptile, and plant species. Islands are wonderful places to visit to learn more about nature and to forget one’s troubles for a while. Take time to just relax. There are so many islands to choose from such as –
- Hawaiian Islands
- Mackinaw Island
- Long Island
- Grand Island
- Puerto Rico
Enjoy this fun word search called “Island Getaway.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: island, water, adventure, nature, relax)
Devotionals/Homeschoolers: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: island fun. Read the story called Frog Prince and write what you would like to do on an island✍️.