Happy Veterans Day! We honor all military veterans who have served in the United States Armed Forces. This includes the men and women who have served or are serving in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Space Force and Coast Guard, including the National Guard and Reserve. We love our brave soldiers. All flags are to be flown at full staff in a symbol of celebration.
Enjoy this word search called “Veterans Day”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: veterans, service, poppy, sacrifice, soldiers)
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: service. Finish this sentence: I can help our country by…Read the story called “The Tailor of Gloucester” in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Tell us how the mice helped the tailor.