Happy World Freedom Day! For many years, the Berlin Wall stood as a physical symbol of the Cold War. We remember those who escaped from communist East Berlin. We also remember all those who escaped the tyranny of dictators. We support our republic. Did you know?
- “Vox Populi” means the voice of the people
- Autocracy means one and to steal the voice of the people
- Autocracy is like tyranny, despotism and is too much power for one person
Enjoy this word search called “World Freedom Day”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: freedom, speech, rights, democracy, republic)
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: freedom. Finish this sentence: Freedom means…Read the story called “Cinderella” in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Tell us how Cinderella went to the ball.