The majority of parents want what is best for their children because they love their children. Many teach their children to love their family, God, and country.
- And the rocket’s red glare,
- The bombs bursting in air,
- Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
- Oh say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
- O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
The American struggle for freedom from Britain in the war of 1812 is an event in history we cannot forget. The scene takes us to the British invading Washington D.C. and the burning of the White House. Yet the lone flag at Fort McHenry still flew high in the sky showing America’s courage. Let’s show our patriotism by flying the American flag!
Homeschoolers: draw/color an illustration and record your observations of this historical event.