It’s summertime and we all want to have some fun. Now what kind of excitement are you thinking about? Whatever adventure you pick, be safe and have fun! Could it be –
- getting together with your family or a friend, like Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny did?
- telling stories like Chicken Little?
- helping someone in need like the Frog Prince?
- selling something like the Little Match Girl?
- going to a water park for fun like Jeremy Fischer?
- setting out for an adventure like Pigling Bland?
- telling jokes or teasing like Squirrel Nutkin?
Try to find Squirrel Nutkin
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration and label it. Theme: adventure. Listen to and read the audiobook story “Squirrel Nutkin” in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Write and say the word ”adventure” five times so you can pronounce and spell it correctly. Put these words in alphabetical order: squirrel, tease, fun, jumping, running, adventure. Use each word in a sentence. Describe the adventures of Squirrel Nutkin. Write about your favorite fun thing to do in July. Enjoy! (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, creative)