Give your dog a special treat and walk around the block on National Dog Day! September 26th is that special time of year for our furry, four-legged best friends. Here are a few ideas to celebrate this special day and weekend –
- Go for a walk
- Give your dog a special treat
- Watch a dog show
- Clean your dog’s bed or blanket
- Read a dog story
- Complete the Dog wordsearch below
- Play together
Enjoy this fun word search called “National Dog Day.” Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: dog, walk, treat, bed, play)
Homeschoolers: Sketch/color an illustration. Theme: dogs. Finish this sentence: My favorite dog… Read the story called Jemima Puddle Duck. Write about her adventures.