Hola! Let’s have fun with this free word search based on the celebration of “Cinco de Mayo”. Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France. In the United States, Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a commemoration of Mexican culture and heritage. If you want to find out more you can go to the History website. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches.
Cinco de Mayo highlights:
- The Battle of Puebla
- How long did the battle last?
- Cinco de Mayo in Mexico
- Why do we celebrate in the United States?
- Confusion with Mexican Independence Day
- Photo Galleries
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
4. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN”.
5. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary.