Don’t feel bad. Have you ever felt bad or very sad? Everyone has felt bad some time in their life. Now I don’t know why life is so hurtful sometimes. What can cause this type of discouragement?
- Sometimes it’s because we have been put in a bad situation.
- Maybe we tried to help unhappy people that just want to complain no matter what we do.
- Sometimes we try to help someone and others do not want to work with us.
- Maybe they just ignore you and your requests for help or redirection.
- Sometimes life is just a bad situation that makes us feel inadequate, like no matter what we do, we cannot succeed in trying to do good.
- Life just sometimes gives us negative people, unhappy people, and unhelpful people.
- Sometimes these people are those that are supposed to be the so called good people in our lives.
- Sometimes people say hurtful things.
- Sometimes people are judgmental.
- Sometimes people are unduly critical.
- Sometimes it makes us just want to give up.
- Sometimes we find ourselves in a dysfunctional situation with dysfunctional people who refuse to work with us.
- Maybe they even say they won’t “tolerate you”.
- Some people are busybodies.
- Sometimes people do not want to support us or listen to us no matter what.
- Sometimes people gossip because they are jealous or do not like you.
- Sometimes we cannot please everyone.
- Sometimes people are just plain haters
Please let us all just love one another. Be a little kinder. Be a little less judgmental and critical. Try not to give up. Try to not shed too many tears.
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: discouragement. Write and say the word “discouragement” five times so you can learn how to pronounce it and spell it correctly. Put these words in alphabetical order: love, sad, gossip, faith, help, temple, Jesus. Read the story called “Jesus in the Temple” (Kindle/Audio/paperback) in Learning to Read: New Testament Stories. Write about how Jesus told us to conduct ourselves in the temple and in the world. Share two ways of how to overcome discouragement. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, organize, creativity, affective domain.)