Merry Christmas fellow Christians!
Do you have favorite traditions during Christmas? I do. I am sure you do too! Children of all ages make Christmas come alive! Here are a few of my favorite things to do:
- Decorate a Christmas tree
- Go to church to hear a special Christmas program
- Read and listen to the story of the birth of Jesus in Luke 2
- Sing and listen to Christmas music
- Bake and eat special Christmas food
- Watch Christmas shows
- Spend extra time with family and/or friends
- Give and receive Christmas gifts
- Participate in extra service projects
- Put up a nativity scene
- Give special thanks for our many blessings
We like to put a star on top of our Christmas tree while listening to Christmas music. Putting ornaments on the tree remind us of special times with family. Some of the yummy foods we eat besides a turkey, ham, and stuffing with gravy include: Christmas cookies, pierogies, homemade cranberry sauce, au gratin, sweet potatoes and veggies. Desserts seem to vary from year to year.
Playing board or video games is a must! Watching old classics like Holiday Inn, The Christmas Box, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer give us holiday cheer!
Have a great Christmas this year! Write and share some of your favorite things to do!