December is a special month with many holidays around the world. Everyone has heard about Christmas. But have you heard about the other holidays too? Such as –
- Christmas (In the Christian faith Christmas is the historical celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ)
- Hanukkah (Chanukah, is an eight-day Jewish celebration of the re-dedication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem)
- Kwanzaa (A celebration of community and culture for African Americans)
- Boxing Day (A public holiday in Canada and the United Kingdom when people box up their decorations and gift giving)
- Omisoka (In Japan they eat the long noodles and visit shrines)
Enjoy this word search called “December Holidays Wordsearch”. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary, and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches. Each time you replay it, the words are reordered to make it more challenging.
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. Words may be found going forward, backward, up, down, or diagonally.
4. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
5. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN!”
6. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary. (Word Box: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing, Omisoka).
Homeschoolers: sketch/color an illustration. Theme: holidays. Read the story called the Little Match Girl in Learning to Read: Fairy Tale Adventures. Describe the exciting adventures of the Little Match Girl.