Happy Memorial Day Christian Friends & Homeschoolers,
How do you teach your child about Memorial Day? A great way to teach your child about Memorial Day is to begin a special family tradition by remembering deceased family members. Listed below are some great ways to remember those who served in the armed forces and/or deceased members of your family.
- Put a flag on the grave site of a family member or veteran
- Clean up and/or put flowers on a grave site
- Fly a flag at half-staff until noon
- Visit monuments dedicated to soldiers
- Participate in a Moment of Silence
- Watch or participate in a Memorial Day parade
- Watch DVDs of deceased family members
- Create a family reunion during this time every year
- Go to familysearch.org to learn more about your ancestors
To learn more about this important holiday in America you can go on the following link called History. It further explains that Memorial Day is a federal holiday celebrated the last Monday of May in the United States. It is a time of prayer, reflection, family time, and unofficially marks the beginning of summer.