- A book is a gift you can open again and again (Garrison Heillor)
- Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope (Kofi Annan)
- Once you learn to read, you will be forever free (Frederick Douglass)
- To learn to read is to light a fire, every syllable that is spelled out is a spark (Victor Hugo)
- We read to know we are not alone (C.S. Lewis)
- I will defend the importance of bedtime stories to my last gasp (J.K. Rowling)
- A person who won’t read has no advantage over one that can’t read (Mark Twain)
- Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body (Richard Steele)
You can also read a bedtime story to your child. It’s a time honored tradition in many families. When a parent reads to their child it promotes a love of literature, fosters social interactions, and ignites a passion for lifelong reading habits. Your child can even follow along as you read. Read a story to your child and your child will want to read it too!
Don’t forget to check out some of the many great reading books on Amazon this holiday season, such as Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales or Learning to Read: New Testament Stories. Have yourself a very Merry Christmas!