Let’s take a trip back in history to 1911, New York City. How exciting! Let’s see if we can make some observations and learn from history. Let’s play Fill-in-the-Blank!
- I see the Statue of __________
- This looks like the __________ Bridge
- Some people are riding a __________
- Many men and women are wearing __________
- Some of the women use __________ to protect themselves from the sun
- There are __________ drawn carriages
- The __________ carry people on the tracks
- Many of the men wear a suit and __________
- There is __________in the skyline in New York City
- A large __________ boat travels on the water
Word Bank: ferry, fog, Liberty, tie, Brooklyn, buggy, umbrellas, horse, hats, trolleys
Homeschoolers: Describe how life in New York City is different from today.