Did you know?
- More than half of U.S. adults (54 percent) between 16- and 74-years of age lack proficiency in literacy (eighth-grade reading level)
- Reading inspires innovators and entrepreneurs
- Reading helps develop other skills
- Reading introduces you to other cultures and perspectives
- Reading improves your memory
- Reading skills distinguish between fact and fiction
- Reading stretches the imagination
- Reading is fun
- Reading begins with sounds and words that are heard
Homeschoolers: Sketch an illustration. Read aloud or listen to a story. Summarize the story in a few sentences.