Have fun with this free word search called “Earth Day”. This earth is our place to live, love, work, and play. Let’s take better care of it. Word searches develop spelling skills, extend vocabulary and emphasize pattern recognition. Find all of the hidden words! Enjoy replaying one of your favorite word searches.
Earth Day ideas:
- Plant a seed
- Water a flower or plant
- Safely clean up the outdoors
- Learn more about plants
- Learn how to protect species from going extinct
- Take a picture of a plant
Word Search Instructions:
1. To view vocabulary words in the boxes below the puzzle, click on each box.
2. To play, click on the first letter of the word and then click on the last letter of the vocabulary word to highlight the entire word in the puzzle.
3. After each vocabulary word is found, each word in the box will have a slash through it if clicked on.
4. Once you have completed the word search, a message will say “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN”.
5. Have fun!
Mobile version may vary.
Word list: earth, environment, recycle, air, creation, water.
Homeschoolers/Educators/Parents: sketch/color an illustration and label it. Theme: plants. Listen to the audiobook story “The Little Red Hen” in Learning to Read: Favorite Fairy Tales. Write and say the word “plants” five times so you can pronounce and spell it correctly. Put these words in alphabetical order: seed, wheat, plant, harvest, water. Use each word in a sentence. List two ways to safely take care of the environment. Describe what the Little Red Hen did with the wheat seeds. Celebrate Earth Day. (Skills: identify, comprehend, apply, organize, creative, affective, analyze, synthesize.)