Hello Christian Friends & Homeschoolers,
At some point in your child’s homeschooling education, you will want to assign your child research papers as part of their homeschooling program. I found a great site for your child to find up-to-date writing guidelines. It is called the OWL Purdue Online Writing Lab.Your child can use this resource in elementary, secondary school and even in college.This site is regularly updated.
Just exactly what is MLA? MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources especially in the liberal arts and humanities.Listed below are some of the categories your child can refer to based on the criteria you assigned for the research paper.
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide
- Creating a Works Cited List Using the Eighth Edition
- Title of Source
- Title of Container
- Other Contributors
- Publication Date
- Optional Elements such as URL’s
- Creating In-Text Citations Using the Eighth Edition
- How to Cite the Purdue OWL in MLA
- Basics, End Notes, Footnotes, General Format
- Sample Research Paper
You will soon see your child successfully write a research paper in your homeschooling program. Great job everyone!