Happy Mother’s Day Christian Friends & Homeschoolers,
Mothers are important in the kingdom of God. (LIKE & SHARE IF YOU AGREE!) Think of all the good mothers that are found in the Bible. Mother’s Day is a great time for homeschoolers to instruct their child to research a mother or mothers in the Bible. Some of my favorites include:
- Eve (mother of all people)
- Sarah (mother of Isaac)
- Rebekkah (mother of Esau and Jacob)
- Jochebed (mother of Moses, Aaron and Miriam)
- Hannah (mother of Samuel)
- Elizabeth (mother of John the Baptist)
- Mary (mother of Jesus)
What does the Bible say about a virtuous woman? Click here to research what the scriptures say about a good woman. In Proverbs 31:10-30 it says:
- Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
- The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
- She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
- She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
- She is like the merchants’ ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
- She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
- She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
- She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
- She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
- She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
- She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
- She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
- She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
- Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
- She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
- Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
- She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
- She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
- Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
- Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
- Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
Let’s all be thankful for our mothers and other good women in our lives, especially on Mother’s Day!