Hello Christian Friends & Homeschoolers,
How is the new year going for you and your homeschooling program? It has been a terrific year for me so far!
Has your child ever been at a lost for words? I have, believe or not! I found a great site for you that can help your child find that special, magical word to write a terrific report for you that will dazzle the socks off of your feet! The link is found at Thesaurus Complete Synonyms.
Let’s also imagine your child in writing a report does not want to use the word “complete” in describing how utterly magnificent it is to receive a complete days pay for a full days work. Well, instead of just looking up at the ceiling and thinking, he clicks on the thesaurus link above. Yea! Success! He finds a whole bunch of words he can use to substitute for the word “complete” in his report.
Below are some of the available features on the online Thesaurus:
- Click on the picture of the bell and your child will hear the word pronounced to him
- Click on “see definition of word” to get a full definition
- Adjective examples
- Verb examples
- Complexity sorts synonyms based on their difficulty
- Length ranks your synonyms based on word count
- Clicking on the three lined bar like this lll means the synonyms will appear in vertical columns
- Clicking on the three lined horizontal bar means the synonyms will appear in line order
- On the right side of the page you will find word origin
- Usage notes
- More related words
- Example Sentences
If you don’t like the online thesaurus, you can always buy a thesaurus book for your child to use in your homeschooling program. Enjoy the world of synonyms, equivalents and metonyms!